af_and the girls
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
 
Dunk has been completed

Elisa's baptism went down on the 11th day of the 10th month of her 8th year. she looked darling and so special in her white jump suit. Efforts were made to post my favorite picture of Elisa and one of her many great expressions of the day here, but the technology of shutterflybuginsect is beyond me. Sara took some very lovely shots during her two day visit and I did find a semi-workaround for my second favorite shot of all the kids.

Elisa picked out her dress and was given a lovely necklace and bracelet from Grandma #3 Dora and she is wearing white ballet slippers and white socks as well. She looked radiant for the day and I've never seen her smile so much in my life!

We all had such a good time with the family and cousins that came to visit. And especially Aunt Sara that has endless amounts of energy and creativity to keep us all entertained. I couldn't have made it through this event without my sisters and the loving support of family(both near and far) just because you weren't physically there on that day, didn't mean that we didn't think about you or miss having you there.

It was a special day all around. And even if I couldn't get Jenni to bring /and wear one of Mom's mumu's ( to represent...the bright colors and aloha spirit) it was still a day that defies exact description. Just one that was enjoyed from beginning to end and one that will be reflected on for many days to come.

and...as a nod to my own baptism day, they misspelled Elisa's name in the program. Elisa was printed up as "Eliza" , (all the information had even been emailed to the program coordinator with Elisa's name swimming throughout my email message *sigh* I just try and help where I am able) I did get to the conductor of the meeting beforehand to let him know of this correct pronunciation, for which he was grateful and the meeting went off very smoothly; no need to relive the feelings of "aston" being baptized in the Los Altos stake center; but it did give me extra bonding material to relate with my baby, for which I am always grateful. (I know honey, sometimes people misspell or mispronounce names; but that's what keeps it interesting...)

That night, as I looked at my wedding dress hanging in my closet and right next to it, the mini-blessing dress my mom created based on the original design and material of my dress (that both girls wore), I saw Elisa's new baptism dress now hanging there as well, and paused to reflect on the ordinances that have been made in her life time, and how exciting and special this day was for her and the family, what a talented sewer my mother is, and how fast my baby girl is growing up. [There was a question as to if it would look ok to use my veil that was very soft silk as a sash for elisa's dress, but age had further changed the color to cream, and it didn't quite work with the dress--which is why all three were out; but the girls still love dancing around in the veil] 
Comments:
What a wonderful day! Wish we could have been there...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings, I love the way you write!
 
Congratulations to beautiful E-L-I-S-A! What a wonderful day. And congrats to you, Af, for getting her to this point in her life. You are an amazing mother!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:

redhead middle child solo flyer-type parent and the enjoyment in the journey is the name of the game... with a little afro thrown in for color.

Archives
December 2006 / October 2007 / January 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]