...solo-flyin' through the holidays....(mom and dad, this one's for you)
Dec 24th at 5pm brought me around to solo-flying in all it's glory (meaning any responsibilities I had towards work or little children, were completed...until at least the 26th). I stopped at the grocery store on my way back home to pick up the afro-inspired Christmas feast:
crispex frozen pizza milk (whole milk-holiday celebrating indeed) frozen pretzels microwave brownies and cookies(single-servings--including the bowl (!)
sensing a theme?
extra special part was not only did I select all the foods that I wanted to eat, without regard to nutrition level or balanced-ness for the meal, there is no requirements for dishes of any kind; and therefore-cleanup=toss in garbage. (my eyes are tearing up just thinking about the beauty of simplicity and yummy food)
I also picked up a year-in-review magazine to read while I had my christmas eve feast and watched a movie.
the night-was magical. calm. and i went to sleep earlier than I had planned on.
and slept in the next morning until 11:000AM; awoke to a peaceful, calm and quiet house. This was a christmas morning like no other I had experienced. And if my kids read this next part later, I will stand by it---I LOVED the sleeping in and slow waking up....peacefulness in the day before me, and the warm cookie I had for breakfast in bed while I watched the second half of Stranger than Fiction...and the can of whipped cream that I kept with me as I ate....and used...alot.
the rest of the day unfolded unexectedly(in that I KNEW i was going to do SOMETHING in SLC, I just didn't know exactly what it was....until I knew; and then went and did it) a very well-rounded and fantastic celebration of the day.
and because I'm working today, this "update" will have to do for now.
the rest of the update will include:
weather proofing my Kirigami snowflakes, giving my fresh Christmas tree a "trim" and preparing these on the fly for distribution to a salt lake city landmark.
and finding at the end of distribution and placement activities, two "extra's" that fit perfectly as a blue and pink pair to celebrate the memory of another one of the greatest love stories ever told.
and then heading over to visit extended family to celebrate the end of a very relaxing Christmas day.
Post a Comment