af_and the girls
Sunday, January 04, 2009
  Amy and Elisa meet their mom (aka-meet their match)



Merry Christmas Girls!

while you may have received this as a gift (from a parent other than me who will remain nameless to protect his identity):




for Christmas (with a "teen" rating...discovered a few days late...but never mind)

they will be using this:



Story Telling Alice

to learn about computer programming first.

Be able to demonstrate that skill to ME.

then, move on to THIS:

(highschool and college level of Alice) from www.alice.org



Before "WE" then continue the dialogue to their most recently asked question:

"When are you going to let us play Sims2???!??"

because my current answer is:

"when you learn computer programming"

Re-introducing myself as their "Mom" has not been one of my favorite conversations this holiday season, but it's necessary at times to illustrate my core belief to them that:

I make decisions that I think are in their best interest

I was not born yesterday

My humor and hair color should not be a decoy in thinking I'm an easy target

I will find a way to get them to expand their brains without making my own explode

and...let's see if this latest strategy works!

Bring on the fun.

And, to anyone who hasn't heard my theory on buying them their own computer...the girls "should" be able to give my own reason (since I think I've repeated it in 2008 no less than a bazillion times when the question surfaces) :

"you will get your own computer when you tell me how they work and build one for yourself out of a kit-piece by piece". [Don't worry, I'm not totally heartless; I'll provide supplies for them to do this, but one at a time and only as they build onto their own computer "works" theory and system one step at a time]


-af. 
Comments:
wow! That is badass. (Excuse my "teen rating" language!)

I wish someone had forced me to learn computer programming! I am clueless and I work in tech PR!
 
Don't let Ryan get to them or he might actually teach them how to put together a computer. I think he is slowly buying RAM, a monitor, etc. to try and trick me that he is not actually buying "a whole computer" - uh huh.
 
That is GENius! And I have to say... I LOVE the name of the sight. ;) "Alice". Awesome. Taylor is going to want to introduce our kids to this site ASAP. Thanks!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:

redhead middle child solo flyer-type parent and the enjoyment in the journey is the name of the game... with a little afro thrown in for color.

Archives
December 2006 / October 2007 / January 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]