GREAT SHOT!I can't confirm the fact of if this is a picture of a "real" person or not. I just stumbled upon it during my virtual travels this evening.
and yet--
I find myself unable to stop looking at the overall coolness of the total package. Balance/expression/color/and-personality-charged-moxy of this woman!
it's a...
great shot!!!and...now that I think of it further...I'm pretty sure Leanne has got that EXACT same scarf in her personal archives. it's totally stylin'!!!
----and I also can't stop watching this video clip from 60 minutes [well, besides the lame-O previews they are destined to tack on to this embedded viewing. but i couldn't find 60-min any OTHER WAY!!!]:
this captain is my hero. truly. in a world where negative news gets more attention than the positive. sometimes I have to watch the "good" stuff over and over again to bridge the gap.
and my favorite quote? yes, it takes a lot to get me to call out a "favorite"...but this man. is a hero and--it was MY own mental response to the first time hearing of the phrase of "I was sure I could do it!" where I heard, and put together the pieces of the fact that he MUST have put aside his own family and "self" to add balance to his default nature of humility and a "servants heart" with the sentiment of--"I AM the PILOT OF THIS PLANE"---followed immediately by "MY AIRCRAFT!!!". or else the plane/landing/miracle never would have made it to safety"
amazing. awe inspiring. THIS is the shock and awe element that people seek for but rarely find. unique in its total experience and impact on personal lives.
and I will continue to be amazed and further inspired for the rest of my days.
...further...note to SELF:
I want all the pilots that take my life in their own hands when our airplanes take off (when I next find my nerve to actually "fly") to pass the Sully level of competence.
very SMALL margin of error potential. so, we should really formalize this designation of sully-level focus under pressure.
it's not that "WE" as a society should always be preparing ourselves for the worst-case scenario---but we
should be building our confidence in ourselves and our abilities--so that, if the situation should ever call for it---we WILL FIND a solution to an unexpected problem. that's just my humble general translation of the miracle maneuvers--that saved lives. on that day--landing in the Hudson.
application brings it all home. FAA/Lawyers/Couric team...take whatever safe measures you want to protect yourself from lawsuits. but even throughout it all. I still get the gist. and I'm still a believer.
the man has SKILLS.
-af
Post a Comment