af_and the girls
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
  Wanna see a photo?


I really want to call out a date for this one:





who knew I was such a fan of the "candid" moments of family togetherness

i'm sure I'll be corrected--but for now...

consider it called at:

June-ish. 1993

setting for the photo:

J's "welcome home" return from the coolest center for study on the planet!!!--that i WILL see for my own self one day...

AND

our first meeting of the lovely first bonus sister-to-be...the one that would soon pair up with the A-man. (sorry, dude. couldn't think of a nickname other than the "first born son" that you always LOVED calling attention to when you wrote cards/notes to mom or dad..and really--how are the rest of the sibs supposed to compete in the same league as "FIRST BORN?!??!!")

Blog -style

THAT's how!!!!

flash of brilliance

and notice...from the photo above---here, in the moment in time...for ALL ladies present in the shot. yes...k-dog was probably off singing to a...spot on the carpet or her imaginary friend (just for you K); but we've got sar...and J... and ME...thrilled with our impending bonus sisterness...hood...that is to be forthcoming.

and sar's bangs are(were) AWESOME!

i know. she'd be hurt if I didn't at least give them a shout out.

facial expressions and the candid-ness...is what I'm going for today

as the lead in--to...bonus sisters and why they matter/make the difference/bring the color into the world of blood related sisters.

and J looks tan. and she can't comment to correct me--but i do believe it was the FIRST bang grow out of her teenage/adult years!!! I remember being proud and amazed!!! all at the same time...when she walked off the plane at SJC...horray for the return of the J!!!!and farewell to the bangs that used to take up half of her head--it was the 80's and really--bangs were tricky for us all. some STILL struggle daily with their application.

so really--with all she's got going on right now; [young children-my-heavens-to-hard work-required-ness!] here's a shot of her younger...and more tan...wiener-less adventures!

-af. 
Comments:
yo. sweet picture. it was may/june 1992. ahhh yes. it is fun to remember having long red hair (not yet thinned by pregnancy hormones, nor strewn with grey-highlights). and tan. and thin. and just back from a fun, international adventure. sigh. good times. thanks for the memories. . . (where are you getting all these photos?)
 
these are the photos that are a part of my afro-"permanent collection"

I may not have a wealth of photos for my every day experiences.

but...i confess...i do enjoy my latest newfound hobby of--keeping the personal history alive where I may have the photos to do so.

or--my brain can relate more clearly and exactly to moments in my past--because I have corresponding thoughts about them...ALOT...more than the present chaos allows.

and J? i totally already had the comment about your hormone hair and how your life is now vs. how it was when we welcomed you home to the fam...in one of my original drafts...of my post. before the final version. but I "edited" it out from the final version. just cause your life now is so "rockin'" full!

either way---you will be; and remain...my older sis. JJ.

-with the ginormous bangs-

and as for the "other stuff"???

you know and I know...what consists of the other stuff...which is why our kids may benefit one day...from the sister relationship..that continues to be built...between sisters; today.

thanks, J. -af
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:

redhead middle child solo flyer-type parent and the enjoyment in the journey is the name of the game... with a little afro thrown in for color.

Archives
December 2006 / October 2007 / January 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]