Confession Time
Yes, it's true...i'm ready to come clean about a possible misconception one might have about me...
and my feelings...
on having an older sister/being a middle sister/growing up with J as the self appointed comic relief in her life of high achievement coolness...

Confession is-I've really never been anything but amazed, astounded and proud of my older sister. Her ability to maintain calm in the eye of the younger sibling storm as it swirled around her was an early touch point for me-she was very cool to watch and to model behavior after; she always met uncertainty with single purpose of focus and dedication and always giving the best of herself to those around her.
She achieved excellence in school, extra outside activities, sports and lived her religion in a way that continues to be true to who she is. I confess that the job of a younger sister is made infinitely easier when there is such an older sister as the pace car.
The summer months brought me closer to J's vicinity, time for me to recharge; assist wherever I can, bask in the J-ability that is uniquely hers and go back to being the younger sister. Yes, I sometimes forget that I myself am an older sister to two other girls (brothers speak a different language-yes way) because all three of us have the older sister totally made in J. the original "Red"!!!
you all should be so lucky
happy birthday today sister.
and...picked this pic of you and the little wee K, cause really--smile is authentic YOU...as is those lovely bangs.
let the celebration continue. celebrate all the coolness that is.
-af
Post a Comment